- I started making dinner on time today. This meant that after the kids did their chores, we could have “family fun time”. Tonight we played hide and seek in the dark (see Fave Five: Fun and easy games). The kids are soo good at hiding! It was a great way to end the day!
- Taking pride in our home: Spent 20 minutes vacuuming the house before we did the school pick up. Yay! I grabbed a plastic supermarket bag and tied it to my belt loop in my jeans so that I could gather any foreign objects while I was vacuuming. I was able to re-home a hairclip and some new toothpaste???
- Taking pride in our car: When we got home from school, I encouraged the kids to take out all their bits and pieces again. I gathered up any rubbish and quickly vacuumed it.
- Taking pride in our things: I thought I would rotate some of the toys we haven’t played with in our while. I took the crate out with all the games that required batteries - mini laptops, musical games etc. I think taking pride in our things means lovingly playing with our toys, and getting rid of the toys that we no longer play with.
- De-cluttered: Took the opportunity to de-clutter the crate while we had it out.
- Throw away: A musical toy which half the piano worked.
- Taking pride in our home: Reminded the kids during the day to put away the things they are no longer playing with. Even compared to yesterday, they are getting faster at tidying up.
- Taking pride in our home: After the kids went to bed I cleared my desk!
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- When I vacuum, I might attach two bags to by belt loop next time – one on each side. One for re-homing objects, and one for rubbish. Could have done with this when I was vacuuming the hallways, and there wasn’t a rubbish bin handy. (Let’s hope that no one comes to the door while I am looking so trendy!)
- I need to find a way to keep all my “to do” stuff together in an organised way on my desk. The reason most of the stuff ended up on my desk was because I was thinking I needed to ”do” something with it.
- It is amazing how easily foreign objects find their way into the wrong rooms. Tonight I found another toilet roll on the floor of the bathroom with toilet paper scattered around it (DS4 wanting to make toilet roll men). A cup from the kitchen and a random part of a toy found their way to the bathroom sink. I wonder what I will find in the bathroom tomorrow night